Collection of Information
Categories of Non-Public Personal Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect nonpublic personal information you provide to us when you request information. The types of information we may collect include your name, address, phone number, email address, and any other information you choose to provide.
Use of Information
We may use your information, including nonpublic personal information as follows:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations;
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Simple and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest or promotion entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Simple is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose any information we collect about current and former customers, including nonpublic personal information, to affiliates and non-affiliated third parties as follows:
(1) With financial service providers, including the financial institutions identified in your cardholder bank agreement that provide banking services in connection with your Simple account;
(2) With another user, when you sign up for Simple’s services via a referral link. The user that referred you may receive information indicating that you have enrolled with Simple. You may avoid this sharing by not using a referral link to enroll;
(3) With non-financial companies, such as email service providers that perform marketing services on our behalf, and fraud prevention service providers that use the information to provide services to Simple and other companies;
(5) With other nonaffiliated companies for our everyday business purposes, such as to process transactions, maintain accounts, respond to court orders and legal investigations or report to credit bureaus. For example, in connection with our everyday business purposes, we may share information about you as follows:
- In response to a request for information, if we are required by, or we believe disclosure is in accordance with, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- With relevant law enforcement officials or other third parties, such as investigators or auditors, if we believe it is appropriate to investigate fraud;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Simple or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Simple’s assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified Information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may share transaction zip codes and merchant names with third parties to improve our accuracy in geo-locating transactions and to improve the clarity of transaction descriptions.
You may edit your account profile information by logging into your account via our Services. If you wish to delete or deactivate your online account, please contact us, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails and text messages from Simple by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you initially consent to the collection of location information by Simple or Google Maps within our mobile application, you may be able to subsequently stop this collection through your device operating system settings or through your online account settings. If either of these opt-out options are not available to you, you may also disable location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our mobile application from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Social Sharing Features
Our Services include social sharing features for common social networks to let users share content. These features are served from third-party services that may serve their own cookies. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Simple takes reasonable measures to help protect all information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Additionally, Simple implements policies designed to protect the confidentiality and security of your nonpublic personal information, including a privacy protection policy for Social Security numbers. Simple limits access to your nonpublic personal information to employees that have a business reason to know such information, and implements security practices and procedures designed to protect the confidentiality and security of such information and prohibit unlawful disclosure of such information in accordance with its policies.