Weekend Wanderings: Feb 20 & 21 (and beyond)
Happy Friday! You did a great job this week. Now, for the weekend. Forecast is showing weather to be in the 60s (downright tropical!) with about a halfway chance of rain. No matter, you can still enjoy yourself. Here are a few things going on this weekend, and a few things we thought you might be interested in planning ahead on:
- The much anticipated Father Daughter Date Night is happening this weekend, although it is sold out. However, they may still have some tickets for Feb 26 – call Cara Sheets 520-5297.
- Stop in at Poet’s Coffee on Broad street and then carry on to the library, open 10 am – 5 pm on Saturday for some good books or videos to take home. Or, you can head downtown to the Cookeville History Museum where they are having their Star Wars Exhibit, full of vintage Star Wars collectibles. They are open from 10 am – 4 pm.
- Need to get the kids somewhere to get out their energy during spring break? Sign them up for basketball camp March 28 – April 01.
- Feel like having a refreshing workout? Head over to Synergy Yoga, they’ve got Power Yoga and Pilates on Saturday mornings.
- Want something more brisk than yoga or pilates? Sign up for a race at Cummins Falls next weekend and help raise money for our parks at the same time – 5K, half marathon, full marathon.
- If you’re itching for some work and fresh air and don’t mind the rain, volunteer to help the Cumberland Trail on Saturday at Rock Creek Campground in the Big South Fork Natural River and Recreation Area. Meet at 9 am and enjoy a day of trail work and hiking along the 2.5 mile section of Cumberland Trail between Rock Creek Campground and Alley Ford. Dress appropriately for the weather, wear sturdy shoes/boots, and bring work gloves, lunch, and plenty of water. Call 423-286-7275 for more information.
- Enjoy a full belly and good bluegrass music in Granville at the Sutton General Store – the Hamilton County Ramblers are playing this weekend.
- Some beautiful music will also be happening at the Bryan Fine Arts Center on the TTU campus as the Mastersingers perform their Mid-Winter Concert Sunday at 3:00 pm. Tickets are $10.
Here is a delicious breakfast casserole recipe – the best part? You can put it together the night before and just pop it in the oven in the morning.
And for your entertainment, this video about childhood crushes.
That’s all folks! Have a wonderful, amazing weekend and we’ll see you soon.Tags: cookeville, weekend